Become A Dance Teacher!
Have you dreamed of becoming a dance teacher? Have you been dancing ballroom as a student and now want to make dancing your career? Have you started to teach but realize you did not get thorough training? Are you an avid dancer who loves the idea of improving by learning both Leader’s and Follower’s parts? Our Teacher Training program will help you achieve your goals, even with no little or no prior dance experience!
This American Style Bronze Teacher Training curriculum is divided into 4 separate courses, taking you through the entire DVIDA® (Dance Vision International Dance Association) Bronze American Style syllabus for the Smooth, Rhythm, and Nightclub dances.
Here is a list of some of the material you’ll learn:
- The 17 dances of the DVIDA Bronze American Syllabus for Smooth, Rhythm, and Night Club dances, and how to teach them
- To dance as both Leader and Follower
- Technical elements of all the dances
- Musical elements of all the dances
- How to teach private & group lessons
- How to prepare for DVIDA® certification
- Salesfree Sales Training Course
- Move Like a Champion®
Benefits Of Our Teacher Training Program
- Unlimited free attendance to group classes at Revolution Ballroom (participating as Leader or Follower as needed)
- Free attendance to dance parties at Revolution Ballroom
- Free practice time at Revolution Ballroom
- Salesfree Sales Training Course: You will receive ground-breaking sales training emphasizing the interpersonal skills necessary to create long term relationships with students. Salesfree Sales will transform the way you think about sales and the way you communicate with your students, colleagues, and employers.
- Move Like a Champion® We have incorporated 64 exercises throughout our Bronze Teacher Training curriculum. Move Like a Champion® will enable you to teach the proper body mechanics necessary for your students to become excellent dancers.
You have two options to complete your training:
- Group Class or
- Private Lesson
Group Class Format
The Group Class American Style Bronze teacher training program is ongoing, with new sessions starting every four months. This program is divided into four sessions:
- Smooth: Waltz, Tango, Foxtrot, & Viennese Waltz
- Rhythm I: Rumba, Cha Cha, Bolero, & East Coast Swing
- Rhythm II: Mambo, Merengue, Samba, & West Coast Swing
- Nightclub: Salsa, Bachata, Hustle, Nightclub Two Step, Argentine Tango
Each session is four months long and you may enroll at the beginning of any session. New sessions begin in September, January, and May. Classes meet twice per week, on Tuesdays and Thursdays, from 5:00 – 7:00pm. You’ll complete all four sessions (17 dances total) in just 16 months. This track is great for students who are working by day and pursuing their dreams of becoming a professional ballroom dance instructor by night. You will receive a certificate acknowledging your achievement when you complete each course. You will receive a diploma from Revolution Ballroom when you complete all four courses!
Tuition per session:
- $495/month or
- $1,860 in advance (save $120!)
- Please Note: Class size is limited, so we recommend that you register early to reserve your space.
Private Lesson Format
This Program Is Ideal If You:
- Want to accelerate your progress and complete your training as quickly as possible
- If your schedule is not compatible with our class times
- Live outside the local area
- Are interested in training in just a few dances, rather than completing the entire program
- Prefer individual instruction
Benefits of the Private Lesson Training Format
- Start anytime and begin with the session (or dance) of your choice
- Take lessons on days and times that are best for you
- Complete the training on your timeline—from as little as 4 months to a leisurely few years
- Develop your technique and styling with the focused, one-on-one attention from the Master Teacher.
Our private lesson Teacher Training program is completely customized for your needs. Please contact Marcia at 843.338.2870 for details. We will answer your questions, develop a plan based on your goals, and get you started on your journey!
Praise For Our Teacher Training Program
“The training I received from Marcia Mitchell, while enrolled in the Revolution Ballroom Teacher Training Program, greatly exceeded my expectations. It not only prepared me for a successful teaching career but also significantly improved my personal dancing skills. I would highly recommend the program to anyone interested in either becoming a dance instructor or taking their dancing to a more professional level.
For many years I was interested in becoming a dance instructor but my fear of not knowing the proper technique and different styles held me back from pursuing this goal. I was not aware such detailed teacher training programs existed until I began taking lessons at Revolution Ballroom. After hearing of the professional level program offered, I knew this would give me the skill set to finally make my goal of becoming a dance instructor possible.
The Revolution Ballroom teacher training program covered all the aspects of ballroom dancing including the history, the proper techniques, teaching methods, and all the information I would need to help students become the best dancers they can be. The training I received at Revolution Ballroom enabled me to pass all of the national certification exams in both American Smooth and Rhythm with high honors.Now as an instructor, I can confidently face the challenges a ballroom instructor encounters. It was well worth the investment of time and energy to bring my goal to fruition and make the transition from student to teacher an effortless one.”
Certified Dance Instructor
Don’t put off your dreams any longer. Call us today and get started! 843-338-2870