Social Dance Group Classes
Intro To Social Dance
Tuesday 7:00 – 8:00 PM
What To Expect:
Intro To Social Dance is designed to give absolute beginners the confidence to enjoy dancing at any social event. This class is a fun introduction to six essential social dances: Waltz, East Coast Swing, Tango, Rumba, Foxtrot, and Cha Cha. Each week we’ll cover two dances and we rotate the dances every week. After 3 weeks, you’ll have learned the beginner basics of all six dances and will be able to dance comfortably to a variety of different music.
This class is designed for absolute beginners; you don’t need any prior experience or even a partner to join the fun.
Many people feel a wee-bit intimidated / terrified at the thought of signing up for a dance class. Rest assured, this will be WAY easier and more fun than you ever thought possible. The secret is…if you’ve never been taught to dance, how could you possibly know how to dance?! Didn’t you have to learn how to read, how to tie a shoe lace, and how to parallel park? (I’m still working on that one btw “-)
This is where we come in – we teach you HOW to dance. Yep, it’s possible. In fact, we have a whole business thingy where we do just that. We would be so sad if only coordinated,
naturally gifted and graceful people signed up for class because we couldn’t do our jobs 🙂
So saddle up partner and let’s get dancing!
Intro To Salsa & Bachata
Friday 7:00 – 8:30 PM
What To Expect:
Intro To Salsa & Bachata is a beginner group class focusing on Salsa, a fast and spicy Latin dance, and Bachata, a slow and sensual dance from the Dominican Republic. Have you ever wanted to go out dancing at a nightclub or lounge? This class is for you! We’ll start from step one and guide you through essential elements and simple combinations so you can succeed on the dance floor.
Would you love to have confidence to go up to a hottie at the club and ask them to dance? Wouldn’t it be great to be so sure of your skills that you actually enjoyed going out and dancing? That’s what this class is all about – giving you the freedom to make new friends, meet new people, and have a fabulous time social dancing.
This class is designed for absolute beginners; you don’t need any prior experience or even a partner to join the fun. We make it easy to get started – just sign up, show up and we’ll take it from there. After just one class you WILL be dancing, after a few weeks you’ll feel more confident, and after a month or two, you’ll be relaxed and ready to hit the clubs.
Intro To Argentine Tango
Thursday 7:00 – 8:00 PM
What To Expect:
Experience the passion of Tango! During this beginner class you’ll learn the essence of Argentine Tango: the embrace, the connection, and the walk,
along with basic elements. This foundation will enable you to explore and express the beauty of Tango.
This class is designed for absolute beginners; you don’t need any prior experience or even a partner to learn to dance Tango. Join us and discover why the beauty of Argentine Tango has enraptured the world.
Smooth Operator / Feel The Rhythm
Tuesday 8:00 – 9:00 PM
Level: Proficiency at the Intro Level (2-4 months experience recommended)
What To Expct:
Smooth Operator / Feel The Rhythm builds upon your foundation from Intro To Social Dance. Each month we’ll focus on two dance – one Smooth (Ballroom) dance: Waltz, Tango, or Foxtrot and one Rhythm (Latin) dance: Rumba, Cha Cha, or East Coast Swing. We’ll also introduce proper technique, frame, posture, and lead/follow skills to ensure your success at higher level classes. After this program you’ll be able to glide across the floor with grace and ease just like Fred & Ginger and shake your hips to the rhythm of the world!
- Prerequisites for Smooth Operator:
– Proficiency at the Intro level (2-4 months of Intro To Social Dance recommended)
– Suede-soled dance shoes are also required.
- $20 per person
- 5 classes for $75 (save $25!)
- Classes valid for 3 months
New Student Specials
Shall We Dance – 1 Private Lesson
- A 50-minute private dance lesson (for you, or you and a partner)
- You’ll learn: the building blocks of learning to dance with a partner, an overview of dance styles we offer, new student orientation, class schedules, price options, and next steps
- $35 (a $90 value, you save $55!)
Shall We Dance – Introductory Lesson
“Get Started” New Student Special
- 50% off a one-month studio membership
- 1 Private lesson
- 4 Group classes
- 1 Dance party
- You pay just $87 single / $137 couple
- (Get Started (Single) is an $185 value, you SAVE $98!)
- (Get Started (Couple) is an $280 value, you SAVE $143!)
- This special pricing valid for new students only
- 50% off a one-month studio membership
Customized Group Classes
Do you have a group of friends or colleagues who want to enjoy a dance class together? We offer customized group classes to fit your schedule and preferences. A custom group class is similar to a private lesson in that you may choose the dance or dances you’d like to learn, the class time, and enjoy class together with your friends. You’ll receive individualized attention from a dedicated teacher and enjoy all the fun of a group setting.
Some examples of custom group classes we’ve done:
- A Foxtrot class and dance party with champagne for a group of friends from Bray’s Island
- A Belly Dance class as a social night out for military spouses
- A swing class and birthday dance party for couples
- A Rumba class as a marriage enrichment experience for a local church
- A Country Western Line Dance class and hoedown for a group of girlfriends
- An 80’s dance party to celebrate the birthday of a group of friends
- A social dance class for a bride’s entire family so they could boogey down at her wedding 🙂
Ready to create something magical together? Call us at 843-338-2870 to plan your special event!
- Do I need a partner?
- Nope 🙂 Singles, as well as couples, are welcome and encouraged to join our group classes. We rotate partners throughout our group classes because you learn faster and it’s more fun too. They do call it “social dancing” for a reason “-) So you’ll have so you’ll have ample opportunity to practice and dance whether you sign up by yourself or with a partner.
- Can I just show up or do I need to sign up in advance?
- We recommend you enroll online before coming to class so you will be alerted to any last minute schedule changes or class cancellations. But if you can’t sign up in advance, that’s ok! Just come 15 minutes early so you can register at the front desk. And if you have trouble signing up online, call us at 843-338-2870 and we can get you signed up over the phone 🙂
- I have some dance experience, do I have to sign up for Intro or can I sign up for a more advanced level?
- We’d love to have you join us! Since class levels and training varies widely, we ask new students to take their first class with us at the Intro level. At class, your teacher can asses your level and recommend the right class placement for you. Just let your teacher know when you feel ready to move up.
- How long should I take Intro before I’m ready to advance to the next level?
- We recommend students take Intro for 2-4 months before enrolling in next level classes. Learning to dance is much like learning an instrument in that practice and repetition is key. The first time you learn a figure, you will only be able to execute it at a very basic level. As you continue to practice, you will be able to dance a figure with more confidence, style, and correct technique. If you are wanting to progress more quickly we recommend taking private lessons and attending practice dance parties; both will help you immensely.