Studio Owner, Master Teacher, Certified Dance Instructor
- Hometown – Vermilion, Ohio
- Education – Bachelor of Science in Physics from The Ohio State University and Associate of Dance Degree in American Smooth and Rhythm from Dance Vision International Dance Association (DVIDA)
- How I got started dancing – I took a social dance class in college and got hooked!
- Why I love teaching dance – I believe that dance has the power to transform our lives and help connect us to other people in a positive and uplifting way. I love helping people achieve their dreams, and it brings me joy to see them having fun as they grow and develop as dancers.
- What’s great about teaching at Revolution Ballroom – I’m so very grateful for the opportunity I’ve had to build Revolution Ballroom. After many years in the ballroom industry I was delighted to create my vision of the perfect dance studio: immaculate, spacious rooms, the finest dance floor, fun music, and instructors who are knowledgeable, professional, caring, and excited to share their love of dance with their students. It is you, our students, who make it all possible, and so we thank you for your support, dedication, and the joy you bring to our studio!
- What’s great about the dance style I teach (Ballroom, Latin, Swing, Salsa, Bachata, & Argentine Tango) – I really enjoy partner dancing as an artform. Because you’re dancing with a partner you get to work as a team to create a beautiful and unique expression to the music. You get the chance to develop your connection and communication with others. And I love the variety that ballroom dancing offers. I enjoy dancing all night to a variety of music and dance styles, everything from an elegant, graceful Waltz, a fun and bouncy Swing, an intimate Argentine Tango, a fast and flirty Cha-Cha. There are seemingly endless styles of partner dancing, and I enjoy exploring them all!
- Other interests, hobbies, & passions – Reading, running, and yoga
- Most people are surprised to find out that…I was a helicopter pilot in the United States Marine Corps.
- Favorite treat – Ice cream!
Certified Dance Instructor
- Hometown – Beaufort, South Carolina
- Education – Bachelor’s Degree International Business, Minor in Spanish from The College Of Charleston, graduate Revolution Ballroom Teacher Training Program, and Associate of Dance Degree in American Smooth and Rhythm from Dance Vision International Dance Association (DVIDA)
- How I got started dancing – As an avid surfer since the age of 14, my love for surfing took me around the world in search of bigger and better waves. It was on one of my surf trips through South America that I was exposed to Salsa dancing for the first time. I knew right away this was something I wanted to learn. I had my first lesson in Cartagena, Colombia and when I returned home I found a studio where I could continue learning Salsa. While taking a Salsa lesson, I saw other students in the studio dancing Waltz and in that moment I decided I wanted to learn ballroom as well… And so began my love for dancing.
- Why I love teaching dance – Teaching gives me the opportunity to meet new people and to positively impact their lives by helping them find their unknown talents, untapped potential, and greatness within.
- What’s great about teaching at Revolution Ballroom – Marcia’s high level of professionalism, expertise, wisdom, and integrity provide an ideal environment to become the best dancer, teacher, and overall person that I can be.
- What’s great about the dance style I teach (Ballroom, Latin, Swing, Salsa & Bachata) – The great thing about Ballroom is that it covers a wide variety of dances, each with their own unique style and characteristics. The Latin style dances are fun, upbeat, and contemporary. I have found that learning both Ballroom and Latin styles can create a powerful combination making well rounded dancers who can adapt to almost any dance environment.
- Other interests, hobbies, & passions – Surfing, traveling, scuba diving, fossil hunting, yoga, and weight lifting
- Most people are surprised to find out that…I have visited 43 countries
- Favorite treat – Dark chocolate
Argentine Tango Instructor
- Hometown – Alma, Georgia
- Education – B.S. Music Education, University of New York
- How I got started dancing – I was a Bandmaster in the Army and spent my life playing music for dancers. One day, I decided to give dancing a try.
- Why I love teaching dance – Sharing the fun of dancing and passing along tradition
- What’s great about teaching at Revolution Ballroom – The warmth of the atmosphere and the friendliness of the owner
- What’s great about the dance style I teach (Argentine Tango) – It’s the most versatile dance in my opinion.
- Other interests, hobbies, & passions – Paddle boarding, traveling, and bicycling
- Most people are surprised to find out that…I went to all an all girls school
- Favorite treat – Tiramisu
- Hometown – My father was in the Air Force when I was a child so I moved quite a bit. I settled in Memphis, Tennessee as an adult and lived there until moving to Beaufort in 2004.
- Education – My undergraduate degree was in Political Science. I graduated from Law School in 1975. I also studied foreign languages at the University of Memphis (Spanish, French & Russian).
- How I got started dancing – A belly dancer from Chicago moved to Memphis in 1972 and tried to make a living as a teacher. I took lessons from her for several months, but she soon ended up moving back to Chicago. I knew belly dance would appeal to me, and it really did.
- Why I love teaching dance – I love the camaraderie with my students. I have met so many nice women through my classes who I would never have known otherwise.
- What’s great about teaching at Revolution Ballroom – It is by far the best place I have ever taught because of the support of the owner and the facility itself. It is a welcoming oasis with tasteful decor and great mirrors, floors and sound system.
- What’s great about the dance style I teach (Belly Dance) – Belly Dancing is ancient yet modern. It is based upon standard moves from the Middle East, but each dancer can add her own personality to the dance. I think it is the most feminine of dances and appeals to one’s sense of the exotic. Costumes and props (such as veils, swords, zills or canes) are fun to wear and add variety to the dance. And, of course, I love the music.
- Other interests, hobbies, & passions – I enjoy cooking, painting, acting, animals & nature, languages, science, and travel. I am a Master Naturalist and a member of the Beaufort French Club.
- Most people are surprised to find out that…actually, a couple of things. If the person is not aware that I was a lawyer, they are surprised to find out the belly dance teacher was once a prosecutor. I also spent 15 years as a docent at the Memphis Zoo and people can be surprised when I start lecturing about wild animals.
- Favorite treat – I could eat Mexican corn chips and cheese dip every day.
Learn more about Kay at: www.bellydancebeaufort.com
Line Dance Instructor, Certified Soul Line Dance Instructor, Certified Group Fitness Instructor
- Hometown – Born in Petoskey, Michigan and grew up on St. Helena Island
- Education – Bachelors & Masters in Elementary Education & Reading Instruction/Supervision from Clemson. Masters in Educational Administration from University of South Carolina
- How I got started dancing – As a majorette in the St. Helena High School Band
- Why I love teaching dance – I love teaching, I love dancing so when I retired from Beaufort County Schools, I put my two greatest passions together.
- What’s great about teaching at Revolution Ballroom – The facility and staff are equally warm & inviting. When a dance studio has ample room, lighting, and mirrors; it makes the instructor’s job so simple.
- What’s great about the dance style I teach (Line Dance) – Line Dance brings a diverse group of people together to learn and share dances. You don’t need a partner and will meet new friends while constantly building community. An added benefit is the fun-filled exercise for the body and mind. And most importantly, anyone can learn Line Dancing!
- Other interests, hobbies, & passions – Though dance is my greatest obsession, I love history and culture and am an avid art collector.
- Most people are surprised to find out that…I’ve written an autobiography titled “I’m Black And I’m Proud, Wished The White Girl.”
- Favorite treat – Old-school Mary Jane candy
Learn more about Lynn at: www.familyslidedancers.com
- Hometown – Born in Albuquerqu, New Mexico; live in Beaufort, South Carolina; but, I still consider Bozeman, Montana “home”
- Education – Two classes away from a criminal justice degree – Yippee!
- How I got started dancing – When I met my fiancé Earl I was impressed that he danced, so when we got together I went with him to the dance studio and just kept following his lead. 😉
- Why I love my job as Office Manager – The atmosphere is upbeat, the work is rewarding, and my boss is AWESOME!!
- What’s great about working at Revolution Ballroom – The people… all of them, from the staff to the students. Marcia has created an environment that is welcoming and brings out the best in people.
- Other interests, hobbies, & passions – I don’t have a whole lot of time for hobbies right now but under the category of “other,” I have: My pets, 2 cats (Scooter & Neko), and a dog (Magnum), who require a whole lot of love and attention (whether they want it or not). Kayaking, even though I don’t get to do it much. Going on motorcycle rides with Earl. When I’m done with school, I plan on making my home a hobby; there are a number of improvements I have been putting off.
- Most people are surprised to find out that…I served four years in the Marine Corps, or that I’ve been married twice (but I don’t advertise that ;)).
- Favorite treat – I love getting pampered with a massage or spa treatment. I also LOVE going out for breakfast, it’s my favorite meal of the day.
Front Desk Staff
Bio coming soon…
Front Desk Staff
Bio coming soon…